Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Hey Everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! I'm pleased to report that my yard sale was a success! Thanks to my hubby who is a natural born salesman.

I took a day off from crafting to spend my Sunday in my pjs and on Pinterest. This site offers alot of inspiration for crafting. I was browsing around to see what kind of ideas I could get for scrapbooks and cards. I pinned a few ideas that I would like to try sometime this week.

Which brings me to this important query, " When's the best time to craft?"
I find this question to be tougher to answer as the days go on.
If crafting is your passion, you find a way to use your time wisely to accomplish a project. It could be on a weekday when the kids are in school or on a weekend when you can stay up a little later. No matter what your situation is, you can allot yourself some time to tackle that project you've been putting off.. For me, if I feel like I'm forcing myself to make a card or a scrapbook page and it isn't turning out the way I hoped, I'll just walk away from it. There is nothing wrong with stepping back from a project and giving yourself a few days to rejuvenate. Give those creative juices time to replenish so you can go back to it and have an end result be something you're proud of. Of course, this is always easier said then done.
 This is the philosophy I have adopted for myself and I find it works for me. It's like that saying "Rome wasn't built in a day." and the same is true for crafting. In fact, I'll change it to say " Scrapbooking the first 5 years of my daughter's life wasn't done in a day". Make time for yourself and your interests.

I have been on a such a christmas is almost here kick that I forgot that Halloween is coming up. I would like to do a few Halloween scrapbook pages and post what I come up with. I'm not into doing Halloween cards, cause I've never had to do one before ,but I will try my hand at a few. I hope to share with you the results.

Well, I think I will end this post here for now. I wanted to post a few pics of some scarpbook pages I've done but I think the bad juju from Saturday has followed me into Monday. Sometimes you can't catch a break. Hope your Monday is being kinder to you. Peace!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button