Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hey Everyone! I was going to post this yesterday but by the time I could get to it, it was too late. Between the house, hubby and kids, it seems like the time just breezed by. I am still on the hunt for my camera unfortunately, I feel like my memory was erased ala Total Recall style cause I can not remember where I put it. I feel like the older I get, the more brain cells I lose. Well enough about my gradual memory loss, I did find some pics of christmas cards I've been making. Here is the first one I did...


It's pretty simple. The card base is 4 1/4 x5 1/2 , standard A2 size. The blue background layer measures 4 x 5 1/4 and its embossed using the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder. The white layer is 2 1/2 x 5 1/4. I tore the paper diagonally to give me 2 pieces and used a blue ink pad to highlight the torn edges. I then used a VersaMark pad to cover the 2 "snow" layers and sprinkled it with Stampin Up Glassy Glaze and used my heat tool to set it. It left the paper with a shiny, textured look to mimic snow on the ground. I then glued the first white layer directly to the blue background and then I used pop-dots to adhere the second layer to the first for a 3-D effect. I used an EK Success small snowflake punch to add some snowflakes to the background and the large snowflake on the front was cut out using the Cricut and the December 25th Teresa Collins catridge. It measures 2" and was also attached using pop-dots. The Let It Snow sentiment I printed off my computer and added it to a 2" white banner. The inside of the card has a blue background that measures 4 x 5 1/4 and a white layer that measures 3 3/4 x 5 and I also punched 2 more snowflakes in blue and added it to the front.

PHEW!!! I don't think I have ever typed this much in my life. I hope that you enjoy this card and like I said it's pretty simple. I will post some more cards later and I will give you the products I used to. Only 2 more days till the weekend and hopefully I will have more time to post. Happy Hump Day everyone and Peace!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button