Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hey Everyone! Happy HUMP Day!!! Only two days left till the start of the weekend and I can't wait! For today's post I have a fall card I made yesterday. There's a Make It Monday Challenge going on over at thememorynest.com.  The challenge is to make a layout or card using the colors of fall. I checked out the other projects done by the design team and it definitely inspired me to create this card. All of the projects featured I thought were beautiful. Here's the pic of the card I made for this challenge:

 
I definitely challenged myself with this one. It's a standard A2 size card. The tree on the front was hand drawn, inked, and embossed on patterned brown paper.  I used a stylus prior to embossing to give it the look of bark. In person, this tree looks very realistic. Now for the grass, I freehanded that as well and adhered it to the front and inside of the card. The leaves were punched using a small leaf punch in the colors red, orange, yellow and brown. I inked and embossed those with a stylus for more realism. The leaves on the front and on the tree were just glued down. I cut around the tree and branches to expose the inside of the card for a 3D effect. I arranged the leaves on the inside to appear as if its falling off the tree. And for those I used popdots.
 
 
For the inside of the card, I inked the background in blue and orange to mimic the sky. I used my D'Vine Swirls embossing folder and white gel pen to make it seem like a cloud filled sky. The sentiment "Hello" was stamped in brown, red, orange and yellow inks for an ombre effect. I then embossed it and cut out the letters to arrange them as if they're falling. It adds a nice touch to the overall effect of the card. And that's that.
 
I really love this card and how it turned out. It was fun coming up with the design and putting it together. I hope you enjoyed this project and stay tuned for the next page in the paper bag album series. I will end this post here, my caffeine-o-meter is dangerously low and needs refueling. Enjoy the rest of your evening and Peace! :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button