Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hey Everyone! Hope you are having a great start to your Tuesday! I finally got my camera working again and I was able to take pics of the project I made for Breast Cancer Awareness. I think it's time for an upgrade on my camera. It seems like every week there's a problem. I've been pretty good this year, so maybe Santa will take pity on me and get me a new one. Well before I get too far off topic here are the pics:


I went a diffrent route with this. Initially I was going to make a card. But I figured that the majority of entries would also be cards. I thought a tag with an original poem would be a better choice. So just like with my christmas tags, I used a standard manila hang tag. I inked the front of it and did some stamping and embossing. The bird and flower stamps are from an Inkadinkado stamp lot I won on Ebay. I got this stamp and 10 others for $5.00 + free shipping.  Thank You Ebay! :) To achieve that darker pink on the images, I stamped it in Versamark and then embossed with a clear powder. I also added rhinestones, doodling and stenciled lettering. The pink doily flower I added afterwards to give it interest. Oh, I forgot the pink ribbon,  I drew it freehand, inked and embossed it as well. I only added glue to the middle of it and curled the ends for a 3D effect.

 
This is a pic of the back of the tag with the poem I came up with. Now, the front of tag was the easiest part but the back was more difficult. I initially went with white and used a heart doily to stencil hearts on top of it in pink. But I didn't like the look of it. So my hubby suggested I use the same pink as the front and add the flower doilies to tie it together. I had to agree with hubby, it definitely unified the front and back. The poem I printed of my computer and inked it.
 
Here is what the poem says:
 
"This is for the women
Fighting for their lives
In the ring".
This is for the loved ones
On the sidelines.
Cheering them on and
Mopping their brows.
And this is for those who lost
The fight in the final round.
I dedicate this to you all
And pray you will continue to
"FIGHT FOR THE CURE"'.
 
 
I love how this tag came out. It wasn't easy and I had to make changes here and there, but I love the final result. I hope you do too.
 
I will end this post here. I have chores that need to get done. We all know how that is.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button