Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Hey Everyone! I hope you all had a very relaxing Sunday. I spent mine finishing up my entry for the Cardztv.com Breast Cancer Awareness challenge. I love the way the project turned out and tomorrow I will post the pics. But for today's post, I finally have the pics of the Christmas tags I did last week. I've been hyping them up in a couple of my posts. I just haven't had the time to post them .  But without further ado, here are the pics:


 
This is the "Joy" tag I made. I inked a manila tag (5 1/4 x 2 5/8) with a red inkpad and dried it using my heat tool. I would've painted it but I'm impatient. Plus with paint you can overdo it. With the inkpad you can control the level of saturation by the amount of pressure you use. Finally, you stamp and emboss with gold embossing powder and heat set it. I used gold embroidery floss (which I added after this pic was taken) to finish it off. I think it makes for a more elegant looking tag.
 
 
 
I liked the red so much I did this green one. I did the exact same thing as the red, just changed the stamp and inkpad color. I also added gold embroidery floss, which was done after this pic was taken. I will say that when I used the heat tool to emboss these tags, they curled alot. I put them between the pages of a book and weighed them down. I also added cardstock to the backs of them for more stability.
 
 
I like the howthese tags turned out and I had alot of fun making them. They're pretty straightforward and easy to do. I'm thinking of making a blue and silver tag to go along with the green and red.
 
I will end this post here, it's almost that time for me to pick up my 5 year old from the bus stop.
 
Enjoy the rest of your day ( unfortunately I don't want to mention the what dayof the week it is cause I'm having a Garfield moment) and Peace!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button