Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Hey Everyone! You all know what day of the week it is... F.R.I.D.A.Y! I'm doing my happy dance as I type this. Multi-Tasking! I also completed a project for an Ombre Challenge over at thememorynest.com.  This was their Make It Monday Challenge that's going on now thru the end of October. I checked out the inspiration projects the design team made and they were all lovely. I made a birthday card and I love the way it turned out. Here are the pics for your perusal:

 
At first I thought I had this challenge in hand but it proved to be trickier than I thought. Finding colors for this technique was hard. I must have tried 3 or 4 different color combos before I settled on the purple. After achieving the level of color I wanted, I inked the entire layer in versamark and heat embossed using a clear powder. In person, the layer has a glossy effect further intensifying the colors. Since the ombre layer is the star of the card, I kept the rest of it pretty neutral. I stamped the birthday cake, sentiment and border in Staz-on Jet Black ink  I also added stickles to the birthday cake to make it sparkly. A few rhinestones adhered to the flag sentiment completes the look. And Voila!
 
 
 
Side view. Forgot to mention that the cake is pop dotted onto the ombre layer for dimension. Border layer was hubby's idea. Thanks babe!
 
 
What can I say? I definitely challenged myself with this one. I find that the ones we think are the easiest are in fact the most cahllenging. But I really enjoyed making it and love the final result. It's nice when we can challenge ourselves, whether it's in crafting or life in general. I hope you all enjoyed this project. I had fun making it. Stay tuned for another christmas tag I will be doing this weekend and possibly my first ever paper bag album. Oh mama! Well, I will end this post here, I completely forgot I still need to get dinner on the table and the natives are hungry! So enjoy your T.G.I.F and Peace! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button