Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Paper Bag Album Page 2

Hey Everyone! Happy Thursday to you all! As promised, I have completed the second page to the paper bag album series. I pretty much used the same techniques as the cover but I added a double sided tag. This tag can be used to mat photos or for journaling. Here are the pics for your perusal:

 
There is alot of paper piecing going on, four papers to be exact. I chose a green background paper, then adhered flowers I cut from another sheet to create my own pattern. The smaller flowers I popped up for added dimension and I used the Crystal Effects in the center of the larger ones. The pink patterned paper was cut at 4 x 6. A border strip and paint chip banners complete the look. A top note piece and sentiment "Smile Discover" were both cut from the same sheet of paper and also added to act as photo corners. The ruffle at either corner of the top note embellishment was created from a rosette that went awry. I just cut it in half and glued it to the piece. The hardest part for me was figuring out which elements I wanted to use. But by paper piecing and mixing different patterns I created a one of a kind look. Don't be afraid to try this out for yourself. Just remember that you can mix and match papers from different collections to use for your projects.
 
 
This is the front of the tag I made. It's a sheet of white cardstock cut at 5x10 to which I glued a sheet of patterned paper ( I rushed through this step hence the wrinkling you see). I punched a hole at the top and threaded pink ribbon through it. I also added a smaller flower to the top for more interest. 
 
 
This is a pic of the other side of the tag. I only added three flowers to the bottom and another to the top . They can be used for more photos or for journaling. And that concludes the second page in this series.
 
I hope you enjoyed this project,  I had fun making it. I'll be working on the third page for this album tomorrow and hopefully I will have it up on the blog as well. I will end this post here, I'm in desperate need of caffeine and a carrot cake cupcake. YUM!! Enjoy the rest of your evening and Peace!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button