Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Third Page...Complete!

Hey Everyone! Happy Tuesday! Hope you're having a great start to your week. I finally have the third page in my paper bag album series COMPLETED! It feels like it took me forever to get it done, but I was able to put the finishing touches on it last night. Here are the pics:

 
I really like the way this came out. The colors work beautifully together and its very pleasing to the eye when you see it in person. For this page, I used alot of the same techniques I used to create the cover and adjoining page. The background is a teal paper that I glued branches and flowers to, to create my own pattern. I then cut a few matching pieces and used pop dots for a 3D effect. For the birds, I just cut them out from a yellow patterned paper in the stack. The bird on the lower left corner I pop dotted and then added stickles for more dimension. The smaller bird in the upper right, I just glued directly to the page. 
 
 
Now for the 4x6 photo mat, I added a scallop border, chipboard embellishments (that I made) and some stamping. The border on the other side of the mat looks like torn notebook paper, but, it's a lace border I cut from another sheet. I just inked it, like everything else, and cut out the holes in between. It really gives it a nice look.
 
The decorative embellishment at the bottom of the page is just more patterned paper. I cut and layered the two pieces together, used pop dots, and added metal charms for the "Good Times" sentiment. And ta-da, the page is complete.
 
I also made a double sided tag to go along with it and here are the pics for that:
 
 
 
Just cut the tag shape, glued patterned paper front and back, added more paper piecing and a ribbon. Done!
 
I hope you enjoyed this project. It was literally a labor of love to get it finished but I loved how it turned out. Before I end this post, my daughters have been working on a craft of their own over the weekend. It's for a contest at our local bowling alley. They had to paint a bowling pin. Here are the pics of their work:
 
 
Isn't it AWESOME?! This was done by my 14 year old. She went for a look that mimics the night sky. And here's the one my 5 year old did:
 
 
Believe it or not, she designed the look of this. Isn't it CUTE?! I am one proud mama!! I wish they could both win!
 
I hope you enjoyed these projects. I will let you know who wins come Saturday. I will end this post here for now and hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button