Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Easy Thanksgiving Day Placemats!

Hey Everyone! Happy "HUMP" Day!! I hope you all are having a great day! For today's post, I have a simple and easy placemat that you can do for your holiday table. I found the idea for these on Pinterest. I initially wanted to purchase some placemats but let's be honest they can get pricey. So when I found this burlap idea, I figured hey I can do that. Luckily I had some burlap left over from a previous project.  The best part is you can customize it to fit your holiday decor. For mine, I kept the embellishments to a minimum. I wanted these placemats to complement not compete with the other pieces. Here's the pic for your perusal:


They were very easy to make. I made mine 12 x 17" and used an existing placemat as a template. I cut the burlap along the pencil marks with a pair of scissors. For added interest, I frayed the edges 1/2" along all four sides. The sentiments are adhesive backed chipboard letters from a scrapbook kit. I added some Scotch Quick Dry adhesive to ensure that these letters would stay on till Thanksgiving. With a five year old who's curious about everything, I needed these to withstand her little fingers. And voila, there you have it! Four easy and simple placemats that took literally minutes to make. The best part is that burlap now comes in an array of colors, so you can mix and match to suit your tastes.

I hope you all enjoyed this quick project. They were fun to make. I think they will make a nice addition to our table. Enjoy the rest of your day and I just realized I still haven't figured out what to make for dinner. YIKES!! Stay tuned for more projects to come and Peace!! :)
 

Oh, one final thing, here's the link to the site that inspired these:
momtastic.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button