Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Bluebird Of Happiness Tag!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F!! I'm so happy that the weekend is almost here! I'm looking forward to time with the girls, resting, and crafting of course! For today's project, I have a tag that I created for a challenge going on over @ the SimonSaysStampBlog. The theme was to create a project using the color blue.
I decided to go with a tag for my project because it's been awhile since I had done one. I think it turned out nice but I'll let you decide for yourself. Here are the pics for you to check out:


To create this tag, I used a standard manila tag measuring 2 5/8 x 5 1/4".
I stamped a series of snowflakes in VersaMark ink and used Antique Ivory embossing powder from Stampin Up to create my background.
After my snowflakes were embossed, I added color to the tag using three shades of blue in Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue and Night of Navy (all from Stampin Up).
Once I had my background done, I went back in with the Night of Navy ink to darken up the edges.
To add a little shimmer to the tag, I sprayed some shimmer paint I made using rubbing alcohol and Pearl Ex pigment in True Blue.

Now onto the branch and bird elements that adorn this tag.
For the branch, I freehanded a branch shape onto a scrap of white cardstock.
I used my Bic MarkIt Markers in Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue and Deep Sea Blue to add shading and color.
To give my branch some added dimension, I used my blue marker to draw some lines and my white gel pen to add highlights.
I also embossed scraps of white cardstock that I cut to mimic snow mounds and added those to the branch as well.
My foam tape attaches it to the background for a 3D effect.


For the bird, I stamped him out on white cardstock using my Jet Black Staz On ink.
The image came from an Inkadinkado stamp set I own.
The bird image has words running through it so I colored those in using my blue markers from before.
I also clear embossed it to make it stand out from the background.
To finish him off, I added a highlight to the eye and attached him to my branch using foam tape.

To finish off my project, I added some paper flowers I made out of white cardstock.
I used my Bashful Blue inkpad to ink the edges and my Scotch Quick Dry adhesive to adhere them to the tag.
I tore some definitons from an old dictionary for the words Blue, Bird and Of to create my title.
I aged the torn strips of paper wth my brown inkpad and mod podged onto the background.
For the sentiment "Happiness", I stamped it on white cardstock and embossed it using my Antique Ivory powder.
I cut the sentiment into a banner shape and inked the edges.
I tied some blue fibers at the top to finish off the look.
And voila! my tag is complete!!


I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!!
I will end this post here and wish you all a Happy Friday!!!! 
Peace!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button