Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Hello My Friend" Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" Day to all!! I hope you all had a great day!! Well, I finally did it! I was able to slip out of my two day snow day coma to sit at my craft desk and make a card. We got slammed with ice yesterday which cancelled school. I looked out the window on Tuesday and our whole street including the driveway looked like one big ice rink. Thankfully, a majority of the ice has since melted and it's back to school for my girls. I'll hold off on the "Back to School so I get my butt back to crafting" dance till my youngest is on the bus. WooHoo!! Sorry that one slipped and the kids are giving me the stink eye. Oh well,on to this card I was able to create today. 
I decided to make a Hello card for my good friend. I kept the design and embellishments simple. I think it turned out nice but as always I leave that up to you to decide. 
Here is the pic for your perusal:


This is a standard A2 size card using white cardstock as the base.
For the card layer, I used a piece of DCWV Timeless Texture cardstock cut at 4 x 5 1/4" and used my ATG gun to attach to the base.
The white floral paper came from a ColorBok stack my hubby purchased for me.
I cut it down 1/4" smaller to leave a nice border all the way around.
This stack has pretty patterned papers in neutral shades and die cuts and stickers to go along with it.

For the butterflies, I used a Inkadinkado "Summer Assortment" stamp set.
I stamped the butterflies in VersaMark ink onto white cardstock. 
I then heat embossed them using a black embossing powder. 
I cut them out, glued the butterfly body to the card, and used foam tape to prop up my wings for a 3D effect.
I added the antennas with my Spica Black Glitter pen.

I cut two banners out of a coordinating gray patterned sheet and attached to the upper right corner.
A few rhinestones adds a little sparkle to finish them off.
I used two hearts from a previous project to add a pop of color to this otherwise neutral card.
For the "Hello" part of my sentiment I used the alphabet stickers from the ColorBok stack.
For the "my friend", I used the CardzTV stamp set "Encouraging Thoughts.
To finish off my card, I added rhinestones and used my Spica Glitter pens in clear and black for some sparkle. 

And voila! card complete!! 


I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I have a few V-Day projects I would like to get started on so I can share those with you as well.
I'll end this post here and hope you enjoy the rest of your evening!
Peace!! :)

* I have entered this card in the timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/‎ DT call!
Wish me luck and head over to their blog for more details!! :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button