Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Simply Embossed Birthday Card!!

Hey Everyone! Happy Thursday!! I hope you're enjoying your day and staying warm for those who got snow this week. I'm looking forward to my favorite day tomorrow because I get to sleep in! Yeah! Schools have been canceled for tomorrow in Louisiana due to freezing rain and sleet starting tonight. I need to catch up on some extra ZZZ's. But before I fall asleep at the keyboard, I have a project I wanted to share with you all. I made a simple birthday card using stamps and a lot of embossing. I think it turned out nice but I'll let you decide for yourself. Here are the pics for your perusal:


This is a standard A2 size card.
I used white cardstock as my base.
The layout for this card came from a My Favorite Things sketch.
I layered a glittery green patterned paper from the DCWV Glitter Stack, cut down to 4 x 5 1/4".
I embossed a 3 3/4 x 5" piece of white cardstock using my "Happy Birthday" Cuttlebug embossing folder.
I wrapped some light blue embroidery floss around the embossed piece and tied it into a bow.
I then mounted the piece to the card using foam tape.

I cut a 2" circle from my Cricut and stamped a starburst pattern in Ballet Blue and Garden Green inks from Stampin Up.
I layered the circle on the same green patterned paper as the background and used my ATG gun to adhere it.
For the cupcake image in the center, I used a cupcake stamp from an Inkadinkado set stamped in StazOn on white and green papers.
I colored in the frosting, added bling with my clear Spica pen and used Crystal Effects for a shiny finish.
I cut the image out of the white cardstock and layered the green cupcake liner on top.
I added the cupcake to the circle using foam tape. 

For the banners,  I cut them out of a manila tag and used the same green and blue inks to color them in.
I clear embossed a party hat pattern on the blue banner and gold embossed the sentiment "Celebrate" onto the green banner.
I used my ATG gun and foam tape to adhere them to the card.

To finish off the card, I added a strip of the green patterned paper cut at 1" to the inside.
I did this to cover up the fact that I didn't score my card correctly. 
I was pretty much done and when I went to fold the card closed, it had a gap.
I was all ready to abandon it when the idea to add a strip to the inside dawned on me.
I'm glad I was able to make this card work.

And voila! The card is complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I'll be entering this card into the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge going on now.
I'll end this post here for now and hope you all enjoy the rest of your evening!
Peace!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button