Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

"Valentine's Day Treat Boxes" !!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F and a very Happy Valentine's Day to all!! Sorry I haven't posted anything this week, but I took two days off (cause my girls were off from school Tuesday and Wednesday) but I do have my final Valentine's Day project to share with you today!! I made a few treat boxes for the Valentine's in my life and I personalized them according to what each one liked. These treat boxes can be used for any occasion and can be customized in anyway you like. I think the boxes came out nice but I'll let you make that decision for yourself.
Here is the pic for your perusing pleasure:


Here are the three boxes I made yesterday.
The boxes are all the same size, I just used different techniques and embellishments to suit the recipient's taste.


For this first one that I created for hubby, I wanted to give the box a wood grain appearance.
My hubby is a woodworker and I wanted the box to reflect his style.
To make this I cut a sheet of ivory cardstock @ 4 1/4 x 11".
I wanted the boxes to be smaller but if you wanted a taller one just use a regular 8 1/2 x 11" sheet.
I scored the cardstock on the 11" side @ 2 1/2", 5", 7 1/2" and 10".
I then turned the cardstock over and scored again @ 2 1/2" the long way.
Once you have everything scored, cut up along the score lines and reinforce your score marks.

Now I wanted to give this box the appearance of wood.
I don't have any wood grain paper in my stash so I created my own.
I took a stylus and just drew lines throughout the box making sure to get a deep enough impression.
* I apologize for the picture quality but you can see a little of it down at the bottom.*
I then took my ink dauber using Close to Cocoa ink from Stampin Up and added color to the entire box.
Once dry, I folded up the score lines to create my box and used Glossy Accents to hold it together.
To finish it off, I added vintage metal brads to all sides of the box in all four corners, tied some twine and added this stamped tag I created with a red heart for an accent.



For my 14 year old daughter, I created this Tardis box.
She is a Big Doctor Who fan and I knew she would get a kick out this!
I created this box in much the same way as the previous one but I used a dark blue cardstock for the base.
I used a lot of paper piecing to create this using a photo I found online.
I added a vintage brad for the lock.
I also made a tag from a stamp and used the same red heart embellishment.


This box I created for my five year old "Lil Stamper".
She loves the colors pink and purple!
I made this box the same way I did the other two but used pink cardstock as my base.
I added a scallop border in white along the top and bottom.
I stamped these small butterflies and colored them in using my Bic MarkIt Markers. I added polka dots with my white gel pen, cut them out and adhered only the middle of the butterflies to the box.
I made these white flowers using my Cricut,  layered two on top of each other, added a pearl to the center and attached it to the box.
I punched out some green leaves and added some more pearls to finish it off.
And lastly, I added a tag and a purple flower to the top.

To make the tops for these boxes, I just used a 3 x3" square and scored 1/4" along the sides.
Cut up along the corners and put it together.

And voila!! treat boxes complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I had a lot of fun creating these for my family!
I'll end this post here for now so you can get back to enjoying your Valentine's Day!
I have some exciting news to share with you all next week, so I hope you'll come back for that!!
Oh and one last thing before I go, I also created a Tardis Valentine's Day card for my daughter's teacher.
I hope she likes it.


Enjoy your T.G.I.F! and Peace!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button