Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #84!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Saturday!! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. For today's post, I have another project for the Feeling Sketchy Design team. I created a card using Card Sketch #84 which is up and running now on the Feeling Sketchy blog: feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com through March 31.
Our sponsors for this month, Molossi is offering a $30 Chipboard and Bling package and Trinket Track is offering a $15 Gift Certificate to spend in their store.
So make sure you stop by, link up and check out the beautiful cards made by the other DT members.
Here is the pic of Card Sketch #84:


                                        

And here is the card I created using this sketch:


This is a standard A2 size card.
I used white cardstock as the card base.
I drew the top note design to mimic the one found in the sketch and cut it out using my scissors.
I cut a sheet of patterned vellum to 3 x 5 1/2" and attached it to the top note design with Glossy Accents.

 For the center of the card, I cut a 2" strip of white cardstock, colored it using a silver inkpad from Encore, and embossed it using a CuttleBug "Ironworks "embossing folder.  
I attached the strip to the card base using my ATG gun.
The open frame trinket I used in the center of the strip was made using a silicone mold and polymer clay.
I added my polymer clay to fill in the mold, put it in the oven to cure and popped it out of the mold.
I added color to the frame using the same silver inkpad but I added Micropearl Luster Pigment from Jacquard to make it shine.



As a final touch, I added some pearls from Recollections.
Finally, I stamped my sentiment "Thank You" from an Inkadinkado set in a grey ink and added it to the bottom of the card.

And voila! the card is complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I look forward to seeing what you create using this wonderful sketch.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and Peace!! :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button