Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Feeling Sketchy Layout Sketch #83!!"

Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday!! I hope you all had a great day!  For today's project,  I have a layout I created for the Feeling  Sketchy Design Team. 
This page is based on the latest Feeling Sketchy Layout Sketch #83.

This challenge is up and running now through March 31.
Be sure to stop by, play along and link up your creations.
And check out the wonderful layouts the other DT members have created using this sketch.

For this page, I flipped the sketch so that the squares were lined up in a diagonal pattern from one corner to the other.
I think it turned out nice but I'll let you decide. 
Here are the pics for your perusal:


I went with a light blue patterned paper from a DCWV paper pack called "Stack 8"as my background.
I added a 6 x 12" darker blue patterned strip from the same pack to the middle of the page.
I cut two 1/2" strips of white cardstock to add to the top and bottom of the darker blue strip.

For my squares, I took cues from the colors in my photo to chose the papers.
I went with green patterned and yellow papers from the DCWV pack.
And an orange patterned paper from a ColorBok pack.
I used my Cricut to die cut the squares in various sizes ranging from 2 - 3 1/2".
Once I had my squares cut, I stamped around the edges using a stitched stamp from a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous set.
I had originally stamped it in white pigment ink but it didn't show up well against the patterned papers.
So I used a Staedtler permanent marker in black to trace the stitch lines along the edges.
I arranged my squares on the page and used my ATG gun to directly adhere them to the layout.




For my photo, I trimmed it down to a 4 x 4" square and matted it using the same green patterned paper and white cardstock.
I used two thicknesses of foam tape to attach my photo.to the layout.



For embellishments, I used some die cut stars in various sizes, some black washi measuring tape from thememorynest.com (Thank You Leslie!!), navy blue buttons and pearls.
The title "SuperStar" was cut from my Paper Lace 2 Cricut cartridge at 2 1/2".
To finish off the layout, I added a few arrows I cut and Glossy Accents to the stars.



And ta-da! page is complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
I look forward to seeing what you create with this sketch.
Enjoy the rest of your evening and Peace!! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button