Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Handmade Harbour "Spring" Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" Day!! For today's post, I have a project I created for the Handmade Harbour Design Team's "Spring" Challenge.
I decorated a shadow box and used the latest images from the Handmade Harbour store to be the stars.
I used "Cute Bunny with Flowers"  #531 and "Cute Easter Chick" #532. 
These images can be found in the store: www.handmadeharbour.co.uk/‎. under the New Digital Stamps heading.
I think this project turned out nice but I'll let you decide.
Here are the pics for your perusal:


I used a 6 1/2 x 8" shadow box.
 I painted the frame with Valspar indoor paint in "Bright White".
 I then set it aside to dry.

I took the backer board from the frame and began added layers of cardstock to create a scene.
I added a leftover piece of blue polks dot from "Strawberry Picnic" collection as the sky.
I then cut hills from a sheet of green cardstock and attached it my ATG gun.
I grabbed a 6 x 6" sheet of patterned light green cardstock and cut it down to 2 1/2".
Using my scissors, I cut a grass pattern into the cardstock, inked the edges with a green inkpad and adhered it down.
To complete my scene, I cut some smaller hills out of a light green cardstock, inked the edges, and added it towards the bottom.
With the background finished, I set to work on the images.


For the bunny, I colored him in using my Bic Mark It markers in Pink Flamingo and Peach Parfait, for the ears and nose.
I traced along the edges of the image with a grey watercolor pencil to add shading.
For the bouquet of flowers he's holding, I used my markers in Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue, Petal Pink, Desert Rose, Pink Flamingo and Fandango Pink.
I went with a teal watercolor pencil to fill in the tissue paper wrapping and added Glossy Accents to the ears and nose.


For the chick, I colored him in with my Bic markers in Tiki Hut Tan, Yellow Blaze, Summer Melon, and Sunset Orange.
I added some shading to the egg with my grey watercolor pencil and used Glossy Accents on the egg, beak and legs of the chick.
I colored in the little "Hello" sign he's holding in Tiki Hut Tan, Honey Brown, Woodsy Brown, Summer Melon and Pink Flamingo.

Once I was done coloring the images, I set them aside to allow the Glossy Accents to dry and set to work on the rest of the frame.


Since I was using a shadow box, I wanted to add a layer of dimension to this project.
I cut a few strips of green cardstock @ 1", 1 1/2" and 2".
I traced a grass pattern onto each strip making sure to elongate the blades of grass to create a 3D effect.
After all my strips were cut, I folded the bottom edge, attached it to the interior of the box with Glossy Accents.
I kept the taller 2" strip towards the back and used the smaller strips to fill in towards the front.

All that was left to do now was add my images and put the shadow box together.

I used foam tape to attach my bunny to the background, slid the backer board into the frame and added the chick using my ATG gun.


For the embellishments, I used my Cricut and Paper Lace 2 cartridge for the sentiment "Spring" and the flowers.
I cut the sentiment out of pink cardstock @ 2", inked the edges and attached it to the top of the frame.
The flowers were cut @ 1" out of yellow, pink and purple cardstock.
I added pearls to the centers and used Glossy Accents to glue them down.
I stamped some butterflies from an Inkadinkado set in Pink Passion from Stampin Up, cut them out, added detail with a white gel pen and added them throughout the project.

And ta-da! shadow box complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today.
I had fun creating it!
Make sure to stop by the Handmade Harbour blog: handmadeharbour.blogspot.com 
to play along and check out the awesome projects the other DT members have created.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button