Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Handmade Harbour "Happy Days" Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" Day to you all!! I'm back with another project for the Handmade Harbour blog!! This week's challenge is entitled 'Happy Days" and there is a lot of great projects from the Design Team for you to check out. Make sure to stop by the Handmade Harbour blog: handmadeharbour.co.uk
to link up your "Happy Days" project and check out the store for the newest digital images.
My contribution to this week's challenge is a card I made using the newest stamp from the store.
This is image #551 "Beach Hut" and you can find it under the New stamp heading.

Here are the pics for your perusing pleasure;



To start this card off, I first printed the beach hut image twice onto white cardstock.
With the first image, I colored in the wood planks using my Bic MarkIt markers in Woodsy Brown and Honey Brown.
I added wood grain to the planks using my white gel pen, cut it out, and set it aside.
On the second image, I colored in the roof, door and bottom of the hut with my markers.
I used Cloud Nine Grey and Tuxedo Black for the roof and foundation.
And for the door, I used Hot Aqua.
Once I had all the pieces colored in. I glued down the front of the hut to the second image, with the roof, door and foundation.
I then cut it out and began work on my background.

For the background, I cut a sheet of heavyweight watercolor paper to 5 1/2 x 8".
I used my new Recollections watercolor markers from Michael's to color in the sky and water.
I wanted to create a sandy layer to bring this beach scene to life.
And to do that, I used a homemade embossing paste, added some color with ivory paint and used a spatula to spread it onto the paper.
I really like how the embossing paste gives the illusion of sand and adds texture to the background.
After I had my beach looking the way I wanted, I set it aside to give the embossing paste time to dry.

While that was drying, I stamped a few extra images to complete my scene.
I used an Inkadinkado "Summer Assortment" stamp set for the seagulls and palm trees.
I colored the images in with my Bic markers and cut them out.
For the beach ball, I printed it on white cardstock, colored it in and cut it out.
Now, that I had all my pieces completed, it was time to complete the card.

I used pop dots to attach the beach hut and Glossy Accents to glue down the birds and trees.
I added more embossing paste on the beach hut and trees to give the illusion of them being in the sand.
Lastly, I cut a 1" banner from white cardstock, stamped my sentiment "Sending my Love" and used my bone folder to create the illusion of it blowing in the breeze.
I added a black line to connect my sentiment and give the appearance of a sign being pulled by a plane, like the ones you see with ads at the beach.
To finish off the card, I attached my watercolor layer to a sheet of ivory cardstock cut at 5 3/4 x 8 1/4".

And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button