Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Handmade Harbour Home/Family Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" Day!! I hope your Wednesday is off to a good start! Sorry I haven't posted anything new till now, but I've been busy creating projects for my DT teams, like this card I created for the Handmade Harbour blog.
The challenge for this week is to create a project with the theme of Home/Family in mind.
So, I made a card using the newest digital stamp from the Handmade Harbour store: handmadeharbour.co.uk.
This is the "Happy New Home" stamp which features the sentiment "Happy New Home" and a row of houses that I colored in using my Bic MarkIt markers.
You can find the stamp under the "New" stamp heading in the store.
And make sure you check out the blog to see what the other DT members have created to inspire you.

Without further ado, here's the card I created:


This is a standard A2 size card using Kraft cardstock as the base.
I added a green patterned paper from the DCWV stack called "Stack 8".
This is a great paper pack that has a ton of patterned papers in various colors.
Once I had my card base and layer done, I set to work on coloring my image.

I printed the image on white cardstock and trimmed it down to 3 3/4 x 4 3/4".  
For the houses, I colored them in shades of brown, grey and blue using my Bic MarkIt markers.
I was able to try out a technique I saw on YouTube on how to give your colored images some texture.
I tried it out on one of the chimneys.
I colored it in using a grey marker and then went back in with black.
I used the black marker to add some shading and added dots to give the chimney the look of stone.
And then I went back in with the grey marker to blend it in.
I was pleased with the final result, so I added the stone texture look to the sidewalk, house and other chimneys.

For the background, I used my Bic MarkIt markers in  Oceanview Blue and Blue Skies Blue to fill it in.
Unfortunately, my light blue marker decided to die on me midway through coloring.
Hence, the happy accident in the middle of my sky, which I'm calling a "wispy, cloud cover". :)

Moving on, I printed the image a second time on white cardstock.
I colored in the small house in the middle, cut it out and used pop dots to attach it.
I colored in the windows of all the houses with my Oceanview Blue marker (before it ran out) and added white highlights with my gel pen.
After I had the image colored in, I matted it on a piece of green cardstock cut a 1/4" larger and used pop dots to adhere it to the card.

I cut out the sentiment "Happy New Home" , colored it with my green markers and used my ATG gun to glue it down on the image.
 I cut the hearts out from the second printed image, colored them in and used pop dots to attach them to the card.
To finish it off, I used Glossy Accents on all the windows and hearts.

And ta-da card complete!!




I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
I really enjoyed coloring this image and trying out a new technique.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button