Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Handmade Harbour Spring/Easter Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" Day to you all!! I'm back with another great challenge from the Handmade Harbour blog:
This latest challenge involves a Spring/Easter theme.
So make sure you stop by, link up and check out the awesome projects the DT members have created to inspire you.
And as always, the prize for this challenge is your choice of 3 digi stamps from the Handmade Harbour store. 

Here's the pics of my Spring/Easter project for your perusing pleasure:


http://scrapbookscraftscards.blogspot.com/2014/04/handmade-harbour-springeaster-challenge.html

http://scrapbookscraftscards.blogspot.com/2014/04/handmade-harbour-springeaster-challenge.html

I went outside the box to create this puzzle using the "Cute Easter Chick" digi stamp.
This was both a quick and challenging project to make.

I began by printing my image onto white cardstock.
I used my Bic Mark It markers to color in the chick.
Once I had the image colored in, I cut it out and set it aside to work on the puzzle.

I used a plain puzzle base that hubby purchased for me from a yard sale.
You can find these plain puzzles online at Oriental Trading Company: orientaltradingcompany.org
I sponged on some blue paint for the sky and green paint for the grass.
I used some washi tape to mark off the areas.
I then set it aside to dry.

I decided to use mod podge to adhere the image to the puzzle.
I also mod podged a few stamped flowers that I colored and cut out.
Once it was dry, I went back in to score the puzzle pieces and used an Xacto knife to cut the image along the score lines.
I then separated all the pieces and added a final coat of mod podge.

And voila! Puzzle complete!!

I think this would make a perfect addition to my daughter's Easter basket.
I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button