Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

"Negative Card"!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F to you all!! I'm so happy that Friday is here!! The girls have only just started their summer vacay and it's been crazy busy with them home. I find I need to sneak away to find a quiet spot just to think, which in my case only lasts 5 minutes, tops! Summer is pretty brutal in Louisiana, you have to get most of your errands done before noon cause after that it gets too hot to do anything else. Thank goodness for air conditioning! So with that said, onward to today's project.
I created a "Negative Card", my first one ever with some new wafer thin flower dies I purchased from Hobby Lobby. The idea for this card came from an episode of Inspired by Pinterest with Lori Allred.
In her show, she featured negative cards and shared a few of the pins that inspired her.
After watching, I decided to check them out for myself.
Man, there are a ton of awesome cards using this technique in various ways and got my creative juices flowing.
 I must say that I played it safe this time around.
Whenever I'm trying a new card design for the first time, I always try to keep it simple.
And then when I feel confident that I have the card design down, then I challenge myself to improve on it.
Whether it be adding embellishments, using different papers, or trying out different color combos.
I find that for me it makes the card making process a lot easier and I don't feel as overwhelmed.
But before I get too off track, here's a pic for you to check out:


I started off with a sheet of Kraft cardstock cut to an A2 size card base.
I embossed a sheet of 4 x 5 1/4" pink polka dot cardstock from ColorBok with my new Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations "French Script" folder.
I adhered it to the card base with my ATG gun and sponged on some Distress Paint in Antique Linen over the whole panel.
I then cut another sheet of Kraft at 4 x 5 1/4" and used my new flower dies from Momenta to cut out this pattern of big and small flowers.
Once I had the panel die cut, I took some coordinating pink embroidery floss and wrapped it around a few times.
I finished it off with a double bow and some pop dots to attach it to the card base.

Lastly, I added some embellishments to dress this card up a bit. 
I added a handwritten sentiment and outlined the flowers with my white gel pen.
And for some bling, I glued on some pink sequins.


And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
I hope I inspired you to try this design out for yourself.
Enjoy the rest of your Friday and Peace!! :)


This post is part of the Party Time Tuesdays blog, where you can find great challenges every Tuesday and inspirational posts from our fellow DT members.
Make sure you stop by the PTT blog: partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com and check it out!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button