Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Party Time Tuesdays #171 Polka Dot Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Tuesday to you all!! I hope your day is off to a great start!! It's that time again for another awesome challenge over at the Party Time Tuesdays blog: partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com and this week's theme is: Polka Dots!!
Make sure to stop by the Party Time Tuesdays blog to check out all the great projects my fellow DT members have created to inspire you.
Here is a pic of the project I created using Polka Dots:


For my card base, I went with a 5 1/2 x 7 1/2" sheet of white cardstock.
I cut a sheet of red polka dot for my layer at 5 1/4 x 7 1/4" and used my ATG gun to adhere it down.
The red polka dot paper I got from a DCWV "Stack 8" paper pack.
I added a strip of blue cardstock, cut at 1 1/2 x 5 1/4", to the center of the card.
I used a white gel pen to add some doodling and stitch lines.
Once I had my card base finished, I set to work on coloring the image.

For the image, I chose this "Thank You Girl with Flowers" digital stamp from the Handmade Harbour store: handmadeharbour.co.uk.
I printed the image on white cardstock and trimmed it down to 4 x 6".
I used my Bic MarkIt markers to color her in.
Here is a list of the colors I used:

- Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue, Deep Sea Blue- for the jeans, jacket and hat band
- Rambunctious Red, Honey Brown- for the galoshes, sweater and rose
- Tiki Hut Tan, Honey Brown, Woodsy Brown- for the hair
- Key Lime, Forest Green- for the leaves
- Pink Flamingo, Fandango Pink, Yellow Blaze, Summer Melon- for the flowers
- Polynesian Purple, Desert Rose- for the tissue paper wrapping

I also used a peach, grey and pink colored pencil for her skin and for the ground.
I added some details to the flowers, hat band and jeans with a white gel pen.
I used Glossy Accents for the galoshes, jacket and hat band.

To finish off the card, I mounted the image on a sheet of blue cardstock cut 1/4" bigger and used pop dots to adhere it to the card.

And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button