Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Handmade Harbour "Teachers/Special People" Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" day to all!! I hope your day is off to a good start! I'm back with another great challenge for the Handmade Harbour Challenges Blog
This week's theme is "Teachers/Special People".
Make sure to head over to the Handmade Harbour Challenges blog to link up your projects and check out the great projects the DT members have created.

Here's the pic of the card I made:


The card base is a standard A2 size made out of white cardstock.
I cut a sheet of black cardstock to 3 3/4 x 4 1/4" to create a chalkboard.
I inked the edges with a white ink and used my white gel pen to write the A++ and sentiment.
I also drew an apple, colored it in with a red gel pen and stamped "For You" in the upper left corner.
I matted my "chalkboard" on a piece of brown cardstock, cut a 1/4" bigger.
I used my ATG to adhere it to the card base.

For the bottom half of the card, I wanted to create the look of paneling.
So, I cut a piece of olive green cardstock to 2 x 4 1/4".
I cut 1" strips from the same cardstock, inked the edges with brown ink and glued them down leaving a 1/2" space between them to create this faux panel look.
Once I had my background for the card complete, I set to work on my image.

The image I chose for this card is the "Thank You Girl with Flowers", which can be found in the Handmade Harbour Store and it's image #526.
I used my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color it in.
Here is a rundown of the colors I used:

Skin- E00, E11, E13, R20
Hair- E13, E15, E18
Shirt, Rose, Galoshes- Bic MarkIt- Pink Flamingo, Fandango Pink
Pants, Tissue Paper, Hat Band- Bic MarkIt- Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue
Jacket- Bic MarkIt- Margarita Green, Key Lime Green
Hat- C01, C03, C05

I added some highlights with my white gel pen and Glossy Accents to the galoshes and tag.
I used foam tape to adhere my image to the card base.



And voila!! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button