Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #100!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope your weekend is off to a great start!! I'm back with another great Card Sketch Challenge from the Feeling Sketchy blog.
This is Card Sketch #100:


Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out the great projects the Design Team has created.
This challenge is up and running now through September 14.
There's also a great prize pack for you to win from our sponsors Flourish with a Bling, $15 Gift Voucher and Molossi, $30 Chipboard and Bling pack.

With that said, here is the card I created based on this latest sketch:


The upcoming Fall season was definitely on my mind when I made this card.
The card base is a standard A2 size made from a rust colored cardstock.
I added a green panel, cut at 4 x 5 1/4", to the base using my ATG gun.
For the main panel, I cut a sheet of white cardstock to 3 3/4 x 5," cut a cloud mask and sponged the background with a light blue ink.
The end result is this cloudy sky backdrop.
I attached it to the base with my ATG.

For the branch, I drew it on brown cardstock and cut it out.
I sponged the edges with brown ink and created the look of bark with a stylus.
I used some foam tape to adhere it to the upper right corner.
I punched out some leaves from red, orange and green cardstocks and scattered them throughout the card front. 
I added some Stickles to the leaves to make them sparkly.
I created the look of wind, blowing the leaves around with Liquid Pearls in Bisque.

For my sentiment, I found this quote on Scrapbook.com from Author: Julie Perkins Cantrell 
"Crunching, crinkling autumn leaves
Spiraling, swirling in the breeze".
I printed it out on a sheet of white cardstock and trimmed around it.
I matted the sentiment on rust and green cardstocks and used foam tape to attach it to the card base.



And ta-da!! card complete!! 

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Sunday and Peace!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button