Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #97!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F to you all!! I hope your day is off to a good start! I'm back with another great sketch challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
This is Card Sketch #97:

                                  

Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along with us and check out the beautiful cards created by our talented DT members. There are also some great prizes for you to win from our sponsors: Molossi, $30 Chipboard and Bling Pack and Scrap Boutique, $20 voucher.

With that said, let's get on to the card I created based on this sketch.
I went a little outside of my comfort zone for this card but what is crafting without taking risks.
I think it turned out nice in the end, but I'll let you decide.
Here's the pic for you to peruse:


The card base is a standard A2 size; 4 1/4 x 5 1/2", made from a Recollections Cream cardstock.
I took a Creamy Caramel ink pad from Stampin Up and inked around the edges.
I cut a 2 1/2" circle on my Cricut using a blue floral paper, inked the edges and used my ATG to adhere it down.
I used my Fiskars Threading Water punch and two 1/2" strips of cardstock, to create these layered scallops across the circle.
To finish off my card base, I wrapped some Linen Thread from Stampin Up and tied a double bow on the front.

I wanted to add a tag to the front of my card.
 I wasn't sure if I wanted to stamp an image first, then watercolor or try my hand at drawing an image to watercolor.
I went with the second option.
I cut a 3 x 5" tag out of some Canson 140 lb. watercolor paper.
I watercolored the entire tag first with a Weathered Wood Distress Marker and dried it with my heat tool.
I drew some flowers and blades of grass in pencil, making sure to keep the pencil outline light.
Once I had the image the way I wanted, I went back in with my Distress Markers to color it in.
I used Victorian Velvet for the flowers and Shabby Shutters for the grass.
I set the tag aside to dry.

Once dry, I then inked the edges with Creamy Caramel, added a few pearls to the flower centers and some linen thread to the top.
I used foam tape to attach my tag to the card front.
Lastly, I added a few blue and pink sequins for some added bling.

For the inside of the card, I stamped a "Thinking of You" sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up and added a few paper strips to the bottom.



                                                            And ta-da!! card complete!!



                                                I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
                                     Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Friday and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button