Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Cutie Pie Challenge Blog Challenge #77!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F to you all!! I hope your Friday is off top an awesome start!! I'm back with a card I created for the Cutie Pie Challenge Blog. This card is for their Challenge #77.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card base measures 4 1/4 x 6 1/4".
I cut two decorative card panels, one that measures 5 1/8" and the other 5", out of black and white cardstocks using my Cricut.
I set the black panel aside and began work creating a scene on the white panel.
I used washi tape to to mask off the lower half of the panel.
I used Distress Ink in "Faded Jeans" to add color to the bottom.
I removed the washi tape and added some color to the top using Tempting Turquoise ink from Stampin Up.
I set the panel aside to let the inks dry and work on the image.

The image I chose for this project is this adorable little "Mermaid" from The Greeting Farm.
I colored the image in using my Copics and Bic MarkIt markers.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Body- E11, E13, R20
- Hair- E13, E15, E18
- Tail- Key Lime, Forest Green, Margarita Green
- Shell Bra- Pink Flamingo, Tiki Hut Tan


I used a white gel pen to add some detail to the tail and Liquid Pearls in Lavender Lace for the hair.
I cut the image out and set it aside.


I wanted to create a rock for my mermaid to lay on, so I cut one out of Tim Holtz Grunge Paper.
I colored the entire surface with a grey alcohol marker, added some lines with a black marker and highlights with a white gel pen.
I cut a slit in the background panel, just big enough for me to slide a portion of the rock through.
Once I had my rock placed where I wanted I used some glue to adhere it down.
Just by cutting the slit in the panel, I created the illusion of the rock floating in open water.
Once I had the scene set, I glued it down to the black panel.

To add the mermaid to the rock, I used foam tape.

All that was left to do now was to add the embellishments.
I used clusters of roses in varying shades of blue and added them to the corners.
Lastly, I added silver starfish charms and sequins.

And ta-da!! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Friday and Peace!! :)

I will also be entering this card into the Wags N Whiskers Stamps "For The Girls"  Challenge #137.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button