Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

"Home is Where the Heart is" Interactive card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F to you all!! I'm so glad that the weekend is almost here!! WooHoo!!! For today's post, I have an interactive card I created for a challenge over at the New** Catherine Pooler Blog.
She is having a "Housewarming Party" to celebrate her new redesigned site.

The theme for the challenge was to create a card with the theme of "Home" in mind.
So I got to thinking of some card designs I could make when it hit me. *Eureka* I could create an interactive card where the front of the card resembles a door, complete with trim, and have it open up to reveal the sentiment within.
I think I may have achieved the look I was going for but I'll let you decide.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card is a standard A2 size, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2".
I started off by marking off the areas for the trim.
I cut four strips of white cardstock at 1/4 x 5 1/2", stacked them two by two and adhered them.
For the trim on the top, I cut two strips at 1/4 x 4 1/4, stacked them and glued them together.
I used my C01 copic marker to create some shading on the trims.
Before attaching the trims to the card base, I placed them down,and measured the opening in the middle.
I jotted them down to use for the door panel.

For the door, I cut a sheet of red cardstock at 3 1/4 x 5".
I wanted to make the door look realistic so I cut some 1" squares and 2" rectangles to create the paneling on the door.
I cut some smaller squares and rectangles to place on top of the main panels.
Before putting the door together, I inked all the edges of the door and panels in Creamy Caramel ink form Stampin Up.
Then I glued all the pieces together.
I glued the door down to the card base, making sure to center it, leaving 1/4" around all sides.
I cut a slit along the top and right hand side of the door and scored the left side of the door to allow it to open and close.


I glued down the remaining sides left open, making sure not to glue down the door opening.
I added the trim pieces around the door, even mitering the corners, to make it look more realistic
To finish off the "front door", I added a gold brad for a doorknob.
And a wreath I made from wire, punched out leaves, a "Welcome" banner and a few sequins.
All that was left to do now, was work on the inside.

For the inside, I used an Anna Griffin patterned paper, inked the edges and adhered it down.
I printed the sentiment "Home is Where the Heart is" onto a sheet of white cardstock.
I cut it out and added a frame around it.



And ta-da!! card complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Friday and Peace!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button