Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Quick and Easy "Fall" Banner!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" day to you all!! I hope your day is off to a good start!! For today's post, I have a quick and easy Fall Banner project to share with you all. I really love the rustic look of burlap banners with crisp white letters. I've seen a lot of these popping up all over the internet and I thought I would try my hand at creating one for myself.
I chose to make one with the idea of Fall in mind.
I'm pleased with the end result,  plus it took literally no time at all to create.
Here's the pic of the finished project for you to peruse:


For this project, I cut four pieces of burlap measuring 4 1/2 x 7".
I then ironed it so it would lay flat.
I used my Cricut, freezer paper, and my Paper Lace 2 cartridge to cut out letter stencils.
I laid out the letters on the burlap, ironed over the freezer paper so it would stick to the burlap, and painted the letters in using gesso.

Yup, I used gesso for this project.
White paint whether it's acrylic or spray paint is always in short supply at my house.
So I reached for the next best thing, which in this case, was gesso.
I added two coats, letting it dry in between, to get that crisp, bright white.
But you could just as easily apply one coat if you want a more rustic look.
I also painted a few leaves in the corners, set it aside to dry completely and then notched the ends.

To assemble the banner, I used some jute twine to hang my banner pieces.
I folded over the tops at about 1/2" down and hot glued them to the twine.
I added some leaves and flowers to the banner to embellish it a bit.
To finish it off, I tied the ends of the twine into a bow and attached it to my wall.

And voila!! banner complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy thye rest of your day and Peace!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button