Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wall Decor for a Baby's Room!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" day to you all!! I hope your Wednesday is off to a good start! I'm back with a DT Spotlight post for the Kitty Bee Designs blog. 
I used a cute "Giraffe 1" image from the KBD etsy shop and created two wall hangings for a baby's room.
This project takes digi stamps and uses them in a whole different way.
I think these would make a great gift for anyone who's expecting.

Here are the pics for you to check out:


I used 2 6 x 6" square canvases to create these wall hangings 
I kept the embellishments the same to make it easier to reproduce.
For the "Baby Boy" canvas, I used light blue cardstock to cover the entire surface.
(You could just as easily use paint, if you wanted).
I cut out some triangles for the banner using white and blue patterned papers.
I die cut the letters with my Cricut and glued them to the triangles.
I strung some white embroidery floss across the canvas, taped in the back, and used foam tape to attach the banner.
I stamped the sentiment: "A Baby is Cuddles, and tickles on toes.
                                                  The sweet scent of powder, a kiss on the nose".
in StazOn ink onto a square of white cardstock.
I matted the square on a sheet of blue patterned paper and adhered it down.
For the giraffe, I printed the image on white cardstock and used Copics and Bic MarkIt markers to color it in.
Here is a rundown of the colors I used:
- Body- Y08, Tiki Hut Tan
- Mouth, Ears- E11, R20
- Spots- E13, E15
- Heart- Oceanview Blue


Once I was finished coloring the image in, I cut it out leaving a small white border.
I added a blue bow tie and used foam tape to adhere it.
To finish it off, I added these star embellishments and a black gingham ribbon to hang it.


For the "Baby Girl" canvas, I used the same embellishments, ribbon, and sentiment.
I just switched the color scheme from blue to pink.
I also used the same color of markers to color the image in, just changing the color of the heart using a Bic MarkIt marker in Pink Flamingo.




I added a pink hairbow to the giraffe.






And ta-da!! project complete!!

I hope you all enjoyed this project for today!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button