Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Aurora Wings "A Touch Of Darkness" Challenge!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!  I hope your day is off to a good start.  For today's  post, I have a tag I created  for the Aurora Wings "A  Touch  of  Darkness " Challenge.
I have used their digi stamps before, as part of sponsored challenges for a Design Team I'm on, and I love the beautiful  images they have.
They are perfect for coloring with copics or other mediums.
For this project, I used this beautiful "Sisterhood" digi stamp and my Copics to color it in.
Here's the pic for you to check out :


I  printed  the  image  onto a sheet of white cardstock  and used my Copics and a few of Bic MarkIt markers to color it in.
Here is a rundown of the colors I used :
- Skin- E11, R20
-  Hair - C01, C03, C05, C07, W9 
- Eyes- E13, YG03,  BIC Metallic MarkIt marker in Amethyst
- Owls- E11, E13, E15, E18, C01, YR04, Summer Melon, Sunset Orange 
-Flowers - R20, C01 
- Background- B29 

I used my white gel pen to add highlights to the Owls feathers, beaks, claws and eyes.
I darkened the eyes on the fairy and added a flourish using a Martha Stewart Fine Tip Permanent marker in Ebony.


I used some Liquid Pearls in Bisque to add highlights to the browbone, eyes and nose.
For the headress, I used Lavender Lace Liquid Pearls and I added it in stages to give it a more dimensional look.
Once I had the image colored in, I used a top note stencil to trace and cut out the image.
I then went back in with my B29 to color in the background.
I added a moon and some stars to complete the look.
All that as left to do now, was assemble the tag and add some embellishments.

I cut the same top note design onto a sheet of white cardstock, cut it out and added the image.
I decided to offset the image from the tag to create a white border without adding layers.
To finish the tag off, I placed a few roses, pearls, sequins and a flourish.
I punched a hole at the top and threaded some dark blue fibers I had in my stash.

And voila!! tag complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button