Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Jiggery Makery Monday Post: Tess the Witch Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had an awesome weekend!! For today's post, I have my first ever Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog.
I made a Halloween card featuring this beautiful digital image: "Tess The Witch".
This image is available for purchase from the Jiggery Makery etsy store.
Here's the pic of the card I created:


The card measures 5 x 7" using black card stock as the base.
I added a 4 3/4 x 6 3/4" white cardstock panel on top.
I cut another sheet of white cardstock an 1/8" smaller than the panel to create my background for the image.
I used a sponge dauber and some Distress Ink in "Faded Jeans" to cover the enitre surface.
I used a 1" circle to mask off an area for the moon.
I then went back in with "Elegant Eggplant" from Stampin Up to add a darker color along the top.
I used a Craft White ink pad around the moon to create a halo.
I set the panel aside to allow it time to dry and set to work on the image.


I went in a different direction when it came to the coloring of this image.
I printed her off on a sheet of watercolor paper and used some Distress and Recollections WaterColor Markers to fill her in.
Here's the rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin- Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet
- Hair-  Brown, Dark Brown
- Eyes- Kelly Green
- Dress/Shoes- Black
- Broom- Brown, Dark Brown, Yellow, Tan

I decided to add a few embellishments to the image to dress her up a bit.
I used some Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon, colored it using an "EggPlant Envy" reinker, and tied it around her waist.
I frayed the edges a little and added a black paper rose on top.
I added the leftover piece of ribbon to the top of her hat and cut out a gold buckle from glitter paper.
I cut a slit on either side of her leg and added a piece of grey lace ribbon for a garter.
I used lots of foam tape to attach the image to the background.

For the sentiment, I cut a dimensional banner and colored it in using my C03, C05 copic markers.
I stamped the "Trick or Treat" in StazOn ink and glued it to the background panel.
To finish the card off, I added a few sequins in white, clear and silver.


And voila!! card complete!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button