Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Tess the Witch Mixed Media Canvas!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back with another project for the Jiggery Makery Blog.
This time around I created a mixed media canvas featuring the beautiful "Tess The Witch" digital stamp.
You can purchase this image through the Jiggery Makery etsy shop.
For this project, I had the idea of creating a vintage newspaper clipping.
I know there are 12 x 12 papers you can purchase with this kind of vintage print, but I don't own any.
So I turned to the next best thing: my stamps and plain 12 x 12 papers.
So with stamps and papers in hand, I set to work on creating a one of kind vintage inspired clipping.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


To begin, I used an 8 x 10" canvas.
I painted a layer of gesso over the top and set it aside to dry.
For my papers, I wanted to give them an aged look, so I soaked them in a bit of coffee.
I then placed them on a tray to dry.
Once dry, I distressed, inked the edges and used mod podge to adhere it to the canvas.
I then set it aside to work on the image.

For the image, I used my Copics to color her in various shades of brown.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- E11, E13
- Hair- E13, E15, E18
- Dress, Hat, Shoes- E15, E18
- Broom- E13, E15

I used a Pigma Micron Pen to create the look of fishnet stockings.
Once I had the image colored in, I cut her out and mod podged her onto the canvas.


With the image placed, I used a pencil and ruler to map out the sections for the stamps.
I stamped a few vintage text stamps from a Recollections set in light brown ink.
I then darkened the lines, I had previously drawn, with a brush tip and fine tip Pigma pens.
For the "Tess The Witch" ad, I used a variety of alphabet and number stamps.
I then brushed on some gesso to give it that aged appearance.


With the background complete, all that was left to do was to add embellishments.
In the lower left hand corner, I added some paper roses, Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon, clay potion bottles, resin pieces and wings.
In the upper right corner, I added a resin frame, paper roses and a key.
To finish the canvas off, I placed a few pearls, sequins and swirls.


And voila!! project complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button