Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

3-D Sleigh Ornament!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! For today's post, I have a Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog. I used the gorgeous and cheeky "Cassie" image from the Jiggery Makery Etsy Store and created a 3-D sleigh ornament. I used a template I found on Pinterest for the sleigh, added some trim and bling to create a one of kind piece.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The completed sleigh measures 2 1/2 x 3 1/2".
I printed the template, cut apart the pieces and traced them onto a sheet of dark brown craft card stock.
I cut them out and layered a few pieces together to give the sleigh more stability.
I then took my E18 Copic marker and colored over the craft to darken the color and give it the look of wood.

I traced the pattern again but this time on a green patterned paper.
I made sure to cut the pieces out smaller than the craft, so I can layer it on top.
I inked the edges with some Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up and adhered them to the craft card stock.
With all the pieces complete, it was time to assemble and embellish the sleigh.

It was pretty easy to put together, the pieces just slide into each other.
For the sides of the sleigh, I added this gold metallic trim, gold glitter snowflakes, rhinestones and fur trim.
I also punched some holes on either side and added some twine rope for the reins.



For the front of the sleigh, I added another gold glitter snowflake, rhinestone and gold metallic trim.


I kept the back of the sleigh plain, but I added a custom license plate and some trim.


With the sleigh complete, it was time to add the image and a few finishing touches.

I printed the image out on a sheet of watercolor paper.
I used my Distress and Recollections markers to color it in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin: Tattered Rose, Light Pink
- Hair: Brown, Dark Brown
- Gift Wrapping: Cherry, Key Lime

I added some Janelle Recollections Glitter Glue and Eucalyptus Stickles to the wrapping, cut her out and glued her to the inside of the sleigh.

  *Side Note*: I'm not sure Mrs. Claus would appreciate a stow away on Santa's sleigh, especially onewho looks like this. ;)


To finish this project off, I took a small black gift bag, stuffed it with cotton, tied it off with twine rope and added a few snowflakes.


And voila!! sleigh complete!!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
This was a fun one to make.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button