Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Cheeky Xmas Sign!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I'm back with another project for the Jiggery Makery blog.
I used the "Cassie" image from the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop to create this cheeky Christmas sign.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used a piece of flat back canvas, that I cut down to 6 x 8", to create my custom sign. 
I added glitter tape along the edges and painted the entire surface with gesso.
I cut a piece of vintage Christmas music paper and adhered it to the center. 
I then went back in with a wash that I made using gesso,  metallic green paint and water.
I set it aside to dry.
Once dry, I sponged the edges and the background with a dark brown wash (dark brown acrylic paint +water).
And to tone down the color a bit, I dry brushed the canvas with gesso.
I added stenciled stars and stamped flourishes to give the background more interest.
And with the background complete, I set to work on the image.

I printed the image onto a sheet of watercolor paper.
I used my Distress and Recollections markers to color it in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin: Tattered Rose, Light Pink 
- Hair: Brown, Dark Brown 
- Ribbon, Bow, and Skirt: Cherry
- Top and Shoes: Kelly Green 

I added highlights to the hair and ribbon using white water color paint.
I used Eucalyptus Stickles and small pom poms to the shoes and top.
I added a small tag that reads " For you ", cut the image out and used foam tape to attach it to the canvas.


I made some ornaments to add to the canvas using some gold glitter paper and a stamp.
I stamped the ornament on the backside of the glitter paper and cut it out.
I used a small snowflake and star punch to punch out the middle.
I added lace to the cut out and along the bottom.
I used my Liquid Pearls in Bisque to add details to the ornaments
I also used some twine rope and pearls.
I adhered it to the canvas using foam tape and
to finish it off, I added a few twine bows to the top.


With the majority of the canvas complete, all that was left to do now was to add the final finishing touches.
For the sentiment, I turned to my Cricut and Paper Lace 2 cartridge. 
I cut out the "Don't open til Xmas!"out of glitter paper and dark brown craft card stock.
I also wrote "No Peeking!! below the main sentiment.
I added these die cut flourishes to the corners and a few sequins!! 

And voila!! project complete!! :)


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button