Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #108!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope your weekend is off to a great start!! I'm back with another great Card Sketch challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog!!  
Here's the pic of Card Sketch #108:


Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out the wonderful cards created by the DT members. 
There are also some great prizes for you to win from our sponsors: Molossi : $30 Chipboard and Bling Pack and the fabulous Aurora Wings: $10 Prize Pack of Digital Stamps. 
This challenge is up and running now through November 30th.

For my project, I made a Christmas card featuring this "Little Shepherd" digi stamp from the Aurora Wings store.
Here's the pic for you to check out : 


The card base is a dark brown Craft card stock cut at 4 3/4 x 6 1/4".
I stamped a sketchy border using VersaMark ink and inked the edges using Creamy Caramel ink from Stampin Up.
For the image, I printed it on a sheet of watercolor paper.
I used Distress and Recollections markers to color it in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin: Tattered Rose, Light Pink
- Headpiece and Staff: Taupe, Dark Brown
- Robe: Light Blue, Turquoise
- Sheep: Tattered Rose, Light Pink, Taupe, Grey
- Grass: Kelly Green
- Sky: Royal Blue

To add a few extra details to the image, I used some white watercolor paint on the sheep's fleece.
I added some white to the shepherd's eyes and added an iris using a light blue marker.
I used some twine rope on his robe and head piece.
Once the image was complete, I trimmed it down to 3 3/4 x 5 1/2".
I layered it on a piece of ivory card stock, cut at 4 x 5 3/4", inked the edges and used foam tape to mount it to the card base.

For the sentiment "O Holy Night", I stamped it on a piece of ivory card stock in Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up.
I cut it into a tag shape, threaded some twine rope, and adhered it with foam tape.
To finish the card off, I added a few sequins and a star cut out of silver glitter paper.

And ta-da!! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your weekend and Peace!! :)


I will be entering this card into the Aurora Wings "Anything Goes" Challenge #9!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button