Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

First Xmas Card of 2014!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Thursday to you all!! I hope your day is off to an awesome start!! For today's post, I"m featuring my first Christmas card for the 2014 holiday season.
The card design is a different style than what I'm used to.
I was inspired by the beautiful multi-layered cards that I come across on the web. 
I found this really cute image, "Abi Ballerina" on the All Dressed Up blog and I thought it would be the perfect image to try this card style on.
Here's the card for you to check out:


For this card, I began by coloring the image first and then building the card design around it.
I took cues from the image to come up with the color scheme.
I printed the image on watercolor paper and used my Distress and Recollections markers to color it in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin: Tattered Rose, Light Pink
-Hair: Yellow, Taupe, Brown
-Dress, Shoes, Ribbon: Light Blue

I added a few details to the image by adding white polka dots to the ribbon, and Stickles to the tutu.
I trimmed the image panel down to 4 3/4 x 6".
With the image colored in and blinged out, I set it aside to work on the card base.


The card base is a light blue card stock measuring 5 x 6".
I cut a white card stock panel at 5 x 5 1/4" and adhered it to the card base.
I layered a blue patterned paper on top measuring a 1/4" smaller.
I attached the image panel to the base and added some lace trim around it.
All that was left to do now was to add the embellishments.

I added some die cut holly leaves, snowflakes, paper roses, ribbon and lace.
I used sequins, rhinestones and pearls for some extra bling.
I die cut the "Let It Snow" sentiment from my Cricut and "December 25th" cartridge out of blue glitter paper.

And voila!! card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button