Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Vintage Inspired Braided Christmas Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had an awesome weekend!! I'm back with another project for the Jiggery Makery blog. This time around I made a vintage inspired Christmas card with a twist, literally. 
The twist is that I created my first ever braided card.
I saw this technique done on a YouTube channel I subscribe to: Brandy's Cards.
I loved the way her card turned out and thought I would give it a try.
She also has a free template on her blog that you can download and print.
Here's the pic of the completed card for you to check out:


The card base is 4 1/4 x 7".
I used a red patterned paper, from a DCWV Stack 8 pack, and ivory card stock.
I wanted to create my own two sided paper, so I glued the red paper to the ivory card stock and folded it in half.
I printed the template and with my Xacto knife, cut the slits along the folded card edge.
Following the tutorial, I folded down every other slit to create the braided pattern.
With the braiding complete, I inked the edges in Creamy Caramel ink from Stampin Up.
I set the card aside to work on the image.

I used the "Misty" digi image from the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop.
Make sure to head over to Jiggery Makery shop to purchase this image.
All proceeds from the sale of this image goes to Children In Need through November 14th.

I printed the image onto a sheet of watercolor paper.
I used my Distress and Recollections Markers to color her in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
- Skin: Tattered Rose, Light Pink
- Hair, Shoes, Belt: Black
- Dress and Hat: Cherry, Cranberry
- Mistletoe: Shabby Shutters

I used a gold metallic pen for the buckle, added some lace to the dress and highlights with a white gel pen.
I fussy cut the image out and used foam tape to adhere it to an ivory card stock panel.
The panel was cut at 3 x 6 1/4" and the background stamped.
I glued it directly to the card base and inked the edges.


To finish the card off, I added some ivory paper roses, holly sprigs, sequins and pearls.

And voila!! card complete!!


 I hope you enjoyed this project for today!! 
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button