Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Be Mine Valentine's Day Shaker Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy 2015 to you all!! I hope you had an awesome New Year's Eve!! What better way to jump start this year than with a great Card Sketch challenge from the Feeling Sketchy blog.
There are a few new changes to our challenges this year, so make sure to stop by the blog for more details.
While there make sure to check out the awesome projects created by the DT members and link up your projects to be eligible to win an awesome prize from our sponsor, Scrapbook Circle.
With that said, let's move on to the Card Sketch.

This is Card Sketch #112:


This challenge is up and running now on the Feeling Sketchy blog til January 14th.

Here's the pic of the card I created based on this sketch:


The card base measures 4 3/4 x 5 1/2" and is made from a sheet of textured white card stock.
I stamped the word "Love" in Positively Pink from Stampin Up to create a background pattern on the card stock. 
With the card base complete, I set it aside to work on the image.

For the image, I chose this adorable one from The Greeting Farm, 50's SweetHeart digi stamp.
I used my Copics, Bics and Pro Markers to color them in.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, Tan, R20
-Hair- Tan, Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon 
-Dress and Bow- RV14, RV19  
-Shirt, Pants and Jacket- C01, C03, C05, Oceanview Blue, Blue Skies Blue, Deep Sea Blue 
-Shoes- C07, C09
-Heart- RV14, RV19 


I used Stickles to add some shimmer to her bow and dress.
I fussy cut them out and went around the edges with my Micron Pigma Brush marker.
With the image colored, I set it aside to work on the shaker element.

I knew I wanted to create a shaker card featuring this adorable couple.
The problem: I don't own any of the stackable shapes dies, such as squares and circles, to make the process easier.
What to do when you have a particular card design in mind but don't own the tools to make it.
You go to the next best thing, you can use stencils, your die cutting machine, or find it online.
I chose to use a compass to create this frame for my shaker.
I traced out a 4" circle on white card stock and then went in a 1/4" from the inside to trace out the opening.
I then fussy cut the circle out and used my craft knife to cut the interior.
And with that, I had the frame for my shaker complete.
I colored the circle using my RV14 and RV19 Copic markers.
I stamped a tiny heart along the frame using a white pigment ink.
I cut a piece of acetate and glued it to the frame.
I used a StazOn Cotton White ink to stamp the "Be Mine" and hearts on the front of the acetate.
Now all that was left to do was to put all the elements together.

I first placed the frame down on the card stock and marked the areas that would be visible.
I then colored in the background using my Spectrom Noir marker in IB1, which is a nice pale blue color.
I stamped a few hearts in Blissful Blue ink from Stampin Up and colored in the ground using my C01 and C03 markers.
I adhered the couple to the background, added sequins, and glitter hearts to the middle.
I added the shaker frame to the card using two layers of foam tape.

Quick Tip: If you are experiencing trouble with your sequins sticking to the edge of the frame, use your powder tool to remove the stickiness.
This was a great tip I found on K.Werner's YouTube channel.

To finish off the card, I added a few more sequins.

And voila!! card complete!!



 I hope you enjoyed this first project of 2015!!
Thanks for atopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)


I have entered this card into the Crafty Catz Anything Goes Challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button