Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Valentine's Day Mixed Media Canvas!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you had a great weekend!! I'm back with my first project of 2015 for the Jiggery Makery Design Team.
I created a mixed media canvas featuring the newest image "Lucy" from the Jiggery Makery etsy store. So make sure to click on the link above if you would like to purchase the image featured in today's project.

Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used a 5 7/8 x 5 7/8" square canvas board.
I primed it with a few coats of gesso to cover up a painting project I never finished.
I let it dry in between coats and then used some homemade sprays in the colors black, gold and pink over the top.
I used my heat tool to dry it and get the paint moving around a bit.
I then mod podged some white tissue paper,  that I had stamped in a few spots, to add some texture.
To add a little more interest to the background, I applied some temporary tattoos my daughter had.
I had been meaning to throw them out but never got around to it.
The tattoos have some cool punk rock designs and I thought it was a nice addition to this piece.
Once I had background complete, I set it aside to work on the image.

I printed the image on a sheet of white card stock.
I colored her in using my Copics and ProMarkers.
Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, Tan
-Hair - C05, C07, C09
-Hearts and Underwear- RV14, RV19
-Shoes- C05, C07, C09



I added a few streaks of pink to the hair using my RV markers.
I applied a few of the smaller tattoos to her going up the side and on her forearm.
I added some bling to the heart garland and underwear with Stickles.
I fussy cut her out and went around the edges using my brush tip marker.
I decided to add some angel wings behind her, so I made them out of Tim Holtz Grunge Paper.
I drew out the shape, cut it out and layered a few extra" feathers" for added texture and dimension.
I then painted over the wings with a few coats of gesso and brushed some MicroPearl pigment powder over the top.
I glued them down on the background and then added the image on top using foam tape.
With the image complete, I set it aside to gather the rest of the materials I needed.

In the upper left corner, I added a Grunge Paper key I made.
I used glue dots to add a few links of chain behind the key.
At the ends, I glued down some black card stock hearts.
I wrote the "I ♡ U" sentiment on the hearts using a pink gel pen.
I added foam tape to the key and hearts to adhere them to the canvas.



On the other side, I adhered a length of chain that I twisted into a flourish shape.
I added a heart charm at the top, paper roses and a bottle cap charm along the bottom.
I also added a few tattoo roses and filled them in using the same pink gel pen.



To finish the canvas off, I created a faux metal heart out of Grunge Paper and foil.
I drew out the heart shape onto a sheet of adhesive foil paper, cut it out and adhered it to the Grunge Paper.
To give it a more realistic look, I traced around the heart, used a stylus to give the edge a hammered look,  and sponged on black paint to tone down the shine.
I stamped the "B Mine" sentiment across the front and added a few pink highlights to the letters.

And voila! canvas complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button