Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Happy For You Quick and Easy Card!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy "Hump" day to you all!! I'm back with a quick and easy card I created for the Two Paper Divas Design Team.
I used the "Ghosting" technique and some fabulous stamp sets from the Two Paper Divas store.
I have seen this technique before on a few tutorials on the web, but have never tried it myself.
It took me a few tries at this to get everything just right.
Mainly I was experimenting with the ink pad colors and stamp placement.
I'm pleased with the final result and I hope you will be too.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used an A2 size Craft card stock base.
I cut another Craft card stock panel at 4 x 5 1/2" to stamp my florals on.
For the flowers, I used the "Pretty Posies" stamp set from the Two Paper Divas.
This is a great stamp set offering you three different sizes of flowers, which I used for this card.
I stamped each of the flowers in Staz On Cotton White ink.
For this technique to work you need to use an opaque white ink as your base.

I then used a few Stampin Up ink pads in Pink Passion and Marvelous Magenta to stamp my flowers on top of the white.
The result is a nice halo effect.
To fill in the empty spaces around the flowers , I stamped a flourish stamp.
First in Staz On and then in Old Olive from Stampin Up.
I added a few Recollections brads to the centers of the large and medium flowers.
For the smaller ones I opted for pearl centers.

For the sentiment, I used the "Happy Everything" stamp set from the Two Paper Divas.
I stamped it in the same Staz On ink as the flowers.
I then used a scallop punch to punch a decorative border on the panel.
I also added stitching lines, pearls and dots.
With everything complete, it was time to assemble my card.

I adhered a 1 x 5 1/2" strip of patterned paper to the card base.
The patterned paper came from a Recollections 8 x 8" "Garden Florals" paper pad.
Lastly, I attached the completed card panel to the card base using some foam tape.


And ta-da!! Card complete!

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!
Make sure to click the link below, if you would like to purchase any of the stamp sets featured today.
And as always, thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button