Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Valentine's Day Treat Box!!

Hey  Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend and were able to catch the Big Game last night! I'm not much of a football person so I didn't watch. But I was able to watch all the commercials on Hulu this morning, which for me is the best part. This weekend was also a super busy one for me with DT makes and Mardi Gras just around the corner. My daughter's school holds a Mardi Gras parade every year, so for her float I thought a Frozen theme would be nice. And since this is her last year at this school, the pressure is on. I am hoping beyond hope I can pull it off. So I will keep you updated on that and hopefully be able to share some pics of the process along the way.
Well enough about that, let's move on to today's project.
If it's Monday, you know it's time for another Design Team make for the Jiggery Makery blog.
This time I made a Valentine's Heart Shaped Treat box featuring the newest and last of the Valentine's Day digis, Georgia.
Please make sure to head over to the Jiggery Makery Etsy shop if you would like to purchase the image featured.
And Adele is also hosting her first Facebook Challenge over at the Jiggery Makery Facebook page called "Love is Red".
Head over to the Facebook page by clicking the link above to learn more and play along.
Onward to the box I created and here's the pic for you to check out:


The box measures 4 x 4 1/4".
Here's the link where you can find the free template I used: http://www.mias-craft-ideas.com/valentine-box-ideas.html.
I printed the template off on two sheets of Craft card stock.
Using the directions I found online, I was able to create the top and bottom of the box.
I then covered the sides and top of the box, trimming the papers as needed.
I added a white lace trim on the top and bottom and used my hot glue gun to hold it in place.
As a final touch, I hot glued this pearl trim along the top and bottom edges.
And white washed the papers to tone down the colors a bit.


The patterned papers I used came from the "Rosewood" ColorBok pack.

For the top of the box, I added a red heart trimmed with matching lace, white washed it, and added some stamping for texture.
I then set it aside to work on the image.

I printed the image on white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's a quick rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS1, Dusky Pink CR3
-Hair- Tan, Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon
-Shoes, Heart and Bandanna- RV19, E18
-Box- E18, Tan, Cinnamon

I fussy cut her out and used foam tape to adhere to the box.


I added a few embellishments to the front of the box such as red sequins and red paper roses.
I tied some red lace around the box she"s sitting in and added a "For Someone Special" tag along the top.

And voila!! Box complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button