Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Warhol Inspired Pop Art Card!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope your day is off to a great start! For today's post, I have a unique style of card I created for the Jiggery Makery blog. 
Adele has been working on some vintage inspired images for the Jiggery Makery Etsy shop and for this project I used the beautiful "Penelope" digi.
I will be featuring another vintage digi on my blog next week, so stay tuned for that.
This card is a lot different color wise, then what I normally do and the inspiration came from hubby's suggestion.

Originally, I wanted to do a series of black and white photos with the image in full color.
When I told hubby of my idea, he suggested I do a pop art theme ala Warhol.
So after researching his pop art prints, I came across his Marilyn Monroe one.
I thought the colors would work with the alcohol markers I had.
So after printing the full image, I went back to crop the image and made a few copies of just her face.
Hubby then worked his computer skills magic to enlarge the images, add texture to the backgrounds and stack them.

In the end, I think the card turned out nice but I'll let you decide that for yourself.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


I used white card stock for the card base to create an A2 size card.
The pop art panel measures, 3 1/4 x 5 1/4" an I used my alcohol markers to color it in.
I used the Marilyn Monroe print to choose the colors for this image.
Here's a quick rundown:
-Top Left Panel- IB1, Y08, Rambunctious Red, Dusky Pink
-Bottom Left Panel- Fandango Pink, LY2, Blue Skies Blue, Blush
-Top Right Panel- Rambunctious Red, Y08, Summer Melon, IB1, Blue Skies Blue, Blush, R20
-Bottom Right Panel- IB1, Blue Skies Blue, R20, Y08, 

I then went in with my fine tip black marker to add shading to the face, hair and neckline.
With the coloring complete, I fussy cut the panel out and backed it on a sheet of black and then white card stocks.
I used my ATG gun to adhere it to the card base.
With the background complete, I set to work on the image.


I printed the full image onto a sheet of white card stock and used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's the rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin_ Blush, Dusky Pink, R20
-Hair- Tan, Burnt Sienna, Cinnamon
_-Shoes- C01, C03

For the dress, I used a sheet of Prima, "Something Blue" paper to paper piece the dress onto the image.
I added some shading with my C01 and C03 markers.
I used my white gel pen to emphasize the polka dot pattern and added some lace trim along the bottom.
I used Stickles to add some shimmer to the dress and a pink pearl on the waistline.
I then fussy cut her out and used foam tape to attach her to the card.

And voila!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
This card is the 200th project I have posted on my blog!
I never thought that I would even reach 200 posts, let alone still be at this blogging thing.
I am grateful to my family for putting up with my blogging schedule.
Which involves a lot of late nights.
I am so grateful to be able to share and be inspired by you all and I hope to continue along this path, that has brought me so much joy.
Well with that said, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment, and share my work.
I appreciate each and every one of you.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button