Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Vintage Inspired Altered Vase!! :)

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend!! Today's post is a quick project I made for the Jiggery Makery Design Team.
I bought a vase in Dollar Tree and thought it would be nice to alter it and add an image.
I have been making a lot of cards and mixed media projects, as of late, and I thought it would be nice to change it up a bit.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The vase measures 7 1/4" tall and I gave it a few coats of gesso.
I let it dry and then painted a coat of ivory acrylic paint over the top.
I then added some lace border stickers along the top and bottom.
I purchased the stickers from the Dollar Tree and I like how it adds a nice touch to the vase.

For the image, I printed the newest digi from the Jiggery Makery Etsy shop, "Penny" onto a sheet of white card stock and green polka dot paper.
I first colored the image in using my alcohol markers and here's the rundown of the colors I used:
                                           -Skin- Blush, Dusky Pink, CR3
                                           -Hair- C01, C03, C07
                                           -Shoes- C03, C07



Once I had the image colored in, I fussy cut her out and set her aside.
I added some shading to the dress and bow using my C01 and C03 markers.
I fussy cut the dress and bow and adhered it to the colored image.
I then went around the edges using a fine tip brown marker and mod podged it onto the vase..
I added some cooridinating flowers that I cut on either side of the image, paper piecing a few of the petals to give it dimension.

As a final touch, I added some pearls to the image, dress and along the top edge.

                                                           And ta-da!! Vase complete!!



I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
I can see this vase being used as a hostess gift, luminary, or for displaying a beautiful arrangement.
The possibilities are endless.
As always, thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button