Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

Altered Dry Erase Board!!

Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!! I'm back with another Design Team Project for the Jiggery Makery blog! For my project today, I took a dry erase board that I got from the Dollar Tree, altered it and added the newest digi from the Jiggery Makery Etsy Shop, "Rose".
                                                        Here's the pic for you to check out:


The dry erase board measures 10 5/8 x 11".
I used a striped patterned paper from the Graphic 45 "By The Sea" 12 x 12" paper pad, to cover up the design that was already on the board.
I then added a navy blue border around the whole board to finish it off.
I used a few of the cut aparts from the paper pad to add some interest to the corners.
I inked the edges using a dark brown ink pad.
I cut out some seashells ,starfish and a lobster stamp to add to the postcards. 


With the background complete, all that was left to do now was to work on the image.

I printed the image from my computer onto a sheet of white card stock.
I used my alcohol markers to color her in and here's a rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS1, FS4, CR3
-Hair- Tan, Cinnamon, E18


I paper pieced the swimsuit using some yellow patterned paper from a Recollections "Garden Floral" 8 1/2 x 11" paper pad.
I then added some details with my white gel pen and added some Glossy Accents to the swimsuit.
I fussy cut her out and attached her to the postcard using foam tape.

As a final finishing touch, I used a dry erase marker to add a summer to do list which includes:
-Buy Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
-Go To The Beach
-Learn to Surf
-Work on my Tan


And voila!! Dry Erase Board complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button