Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Feeling Sketchy Card Sketch #121!!

Hey Everyone!! Happy T.G.I.F to you all!! I hope your Friday is off to a great start! I'm back with another Card Sketch challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
Here's the pic for Card Sketch #121:


Make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along.
There are some great cards and layouts created by the fabulous DT members to inspire you.
There is also a great prize pack for you to win from our sponsor for this challenge, Bugaboo Stamps, who are gracious enough to offer the winner of this challenge, 7 digis from their fabulous shop.
With that said. here's the pic of the card I created based on this latest challenge:



The card base measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2".
For the card layer, I used a sheet of patterned paper from a Recollections "Bold Basics" paper pad.
I cut it down to 5 1/4 x 5 1/4" and used my ATG to adhere it to the card base.
I used a polka dot patterned paper from the same paper pad to create this banner across the front of the card.
I went around the banner using my C02 marker to add some shading.
I glued it down and wrapped some purple embroidery floss to finish it off.
I then set aside to work on the image.

I used this "Cupcake Anya 01" from The Greeting Farm as my main focal image.
I used my alcohol markers to color her in.
Here's the rundown of the colors I used:
-Skin- FS1, FS4, CR3
-Hair- Tan, Cinnamon, E18
-Shirt, Shoes- C01, C03, C05
-Pants, Headband, Bows, Ribbon- HB1, HB2, HB3
-Cupcake- Cinnamon, E18, CR3, R20


I fussy cut the image out, used Glossy Accents and added a few highlights with a white gel pen.
I adhered the image to a 3" circle I cut using my Cricut Explore machine.
I added some stitch lines, colored the ground using my C01 and C03, and stamped a few swirls.
I adhered the circle to a 3 1/2" scalloped circle that I cut from purple paper.
I then attached the image panel using some foam tape.

To finish the card off, I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment on some vellum.
I flagged the ends, used vellum adhesive to attach it to the card front and added a few green sequins.

And voila! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your Friday, and Peace!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button