Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

SteamPunk Inspired Birthday Card!!

Hey Everyone!! It's that time again for another great Card Sketch challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog.
Here's the pic for Card Sketch #122:



We have a great sponsor for this challenge, Creative Embellishments. They are offering a $5 Gift Certificate to their shop for the winner, so make sure to head over to the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along.
While you're there, please make sure to check out all the fabulous projects created by our awesome Design Team.
With that said, here's the card I created based on the sketch:


The card base is a 4 1/4 × 5 1/2" sheet of black card stock.
I cut four 1 /2" strips of black glitter paper and adhered them to the card base.
I used a Bronze BIC MarkIt marker to color the glitter paper strips.
Once dry, it gives the strips a leather appearance.
I then added a few metal brads along the edges.
With the background complete, I set it aside to work on the other elements for the card.


For the shoes, I used a Stampendous "SteamPunk Shoes" stamp set.
I stamped the shoes on a pieces of white, copper, gold and black glitter papers.
I cut the pieces I wanted to use from each of the metallic papers and paper pieced on the white card stock.
Once I was happy with the look of the shoes, I fussy cut it out and set it aside.


I used the gears from the stamp set to stamp the images in corners using metallic pigment ink in Gold.
I added a chipboard pocket watch from a Graphic 45 box I bought.
I colored in parts of the watch using the BIC MarkIt metallic markers in Yellow Gold and Bronze.
I adhered it to the card base as well as a butterfly ticket I found.
I added a gear, broken chain and a metal ring to embellish the corner.

To finish the card off, I used pop dots to attach the shoes to the card base.
I stamped the sentiment " Click Your Heels" from the stamp set on a piece of white card stock and adhered it to the card.

And voila!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!! 
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button