Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

"Celebrate Your Day" Birthday Card!!

Hey Everyone!! It's Elina here, with a project featuring the newest stamp release for the Two Paper Divas! Please make sure to head over to the Two Paper Divas blog, today and tomorrow, to check out all the new stamp releases for this month.
For my project, I used the "Cupcake Celebration" stamp set to create a quick and easy card.
This set features a cupcake, great for coloring or paper piecing; a solid cupcake swirl that you can experiment using different inking techniques, plus a great sentiment to tie it all in.
It was fun experimenting with the different ways to color the set.

                                                    Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card measures 4 1/4" x 4 3/4".
I used a DCWV Striped Mat stack for the scalloped border.
I cheated a little here because my scallop border punch is in storage at the moment.
This mat stack features a scalloped border on all the pages, so I picked the color I wanted and just trimmed off the border.
I then arranged them on the card base and used my tape runner to adhere them in place.
I added some dots along the edge with my white gel pen and shading with my C02 marker.
With the card base complete, it was time to stamp my cupcake.

I first stamped the cupcake on a sheet of white card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Next I stamped the bottom of the cupcake on a striped paper from the mat stack.
I used my Spectrum Noir markers in TN7, TN8 and EB8 for the cupcake swirl, and
I added shading to the cupcake liner using my C00 and C02 Copic markers.
I fussy cut the liner and paper pieced it onto the cupcake.
Finally I cut the image out and set it aside.

For the sentiment, "Celebrate Your Day!", I stamped it on white card stock and created a banner.
I cut a slit in the "frosting" to thread the banner through.
I used foam tape to adhere the cupcake to the card and added a few pearls to mimic the look of dragees.

To finish the card off, I created a background for the cupcake using hand drawn swirls and a table top.
Lastly, I added sequins, in coordinating colors, to tie everything in.

And ta-da!! Card complete!!


I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day and Peace!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button