Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Two Paper Divas September Stamp Release Day Two!!

 Hey Everyone, Happy "Hump" Day to you all!! I hope your Wednesday is off to a great start! Today is Day Two of the new stamp releases from the Two Paper Divas!
Here's a list of the New Releases for this month:

- Big Birthday Wishes
Halloween Silhouettes
Sassy Trees

Head over to the Two Paper Divas site to check out the fabulous projects created using these stamp sets. While you're there, make sure to check out the Two Paper Divas store if you would like to purchase any of the sets featured.

For the project I'm featuring today, I created a Spooky Halloween scene using the "Halloween Silhouettes" and the "My Neighborhood" stamp sets.

                                                     Here's the pic for you to check out



To create the "spooky" mansion, it took a lot of trial and error.
I used selective stamping and masking techniques to combine two of the homes into one giant residence.
Next I colored it in using my alcohol markers in C04, C06, and C08.
I used a YR04 marker to fill in the windows.
With the house complete, I stamped the picket fence, raven and bats from the "Halloween Silhouettes" set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
 For the picket fence I performed a little surgery to cut the stamp in half.
Sorry. It needed to be done for me to achieve the look I was going for.
This made it easier for me to stamp it exactly where I wanted it.

After all of my stamping was complete, I trimmed the image panel down to 4 3/4" x 7 1/2".
Now it was time to color in the background.
For this next step, I used a technique I learned from one of my G+ friends, Paola Jofre.
She has a YouTube channel and a wonderful tutorial on how to create this type of background.
Here's the link for you to check out:

So using what I learned from her tutorial, I went for it.
I used my C0 markers in C03, C05, C07, and C09.
The result is a nice halo frame around the entire panel.



I then added shading to all the stamped elements using my C03, C05 and C07 markers.

To finish the scene off, I added highlights and the sentiment "Trick or Treat" using stickers from a Pebbles Inc "Fall" sticker set.

And ta-da!! Scene complete!! 



I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day, and Peace!! :)















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button