Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Snowman Lantern!!

Hey everyone, and happy Friday to you all!! I have been super busy these past couple of days overhauling my entire craft room. I was finally able to break away from all the madness to finish off today's project, which was supposed to be posted on Wednesday. My apologies for the unexpected delay.

I created a lantern featuring the Snowman image from the Two Paper Divas October release. I gave my Cricut Explore a workout cutting out the elements for this lantern. I have plans to create a few more to decorate my mantle before Christmas comes around, and I also would like to create a spooky one for Halloween. I'll do my best to have the scary lantern posted here on my blog- if I can ever find the time to make it, that is.
                                    
                                    But for now, here's the pic of the Christmas one I created:






I used my Over The Hill cartridge to cut out the lantern pieces at around 5" out of white gold card stock from Neenah.
I cut a few pieces of vellum to line the interior and stamped the "Joy," and "Peace'" from the Holiday Bingo Words 2 in VersaMark ink.
Next, I sprinkled some Recollections white embossing powder over the top and heat set it.
I then put the lantern together and set it aside to work on the top.

First, I assembled the pieces using a strong adhesive.
Afterwards I embellished it using some die cut snowflakes, holly and greenery from the Teresa Collins December 25th cartridge.
I layered the white and blue snowflakes along the top, overlapping them a bit and added a few white flowers as well.
Next I used my Cuttlebug to die cut this decorative border, which I thought gave it the look of icicles hanging down.
To add a bit of sparkle, I added Crystal Stickles and pearls to the snowflakes, flowers, and holly berries.

I also added the same greenery and snowflakes along the front of the lantern.




Now it was time to work on the Snowman image. I stamped him on a scrap piece of white card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and I colored him using my alcohol markers.

Here are the colors I used:
-Snowman- C0, C03, 0, Cinnamon, YR04
-Scarf and Hat Brim- G94, G99, R14, R17, RV69

I added a few extra details using my white gel pen and Spica Black Glitter pen. Next, I fussy cut him out and added him to the front of the lantern.




                                           Finally, I attached the top of the lantern to its base.

                                                        And voila!! Lantern complete!!

                                            
                                               I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
                                  Thanks for stopping by; have a great weekend, and peace!!





                                                       Post edited by: Shyann Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button