Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

Be Merry Christmas Card featuring "Missy"!!

Hey everyone, It's Elina here with a Design Team project for the Jiggery Makery blog! For today's post I created a Christmas card featuring the fabulous "Missy," image, which you can find in Adele's Etsy shop by clicking on the highlighted name. I kept the design of the card simple by creating a festive background scene for the main image. I added sequins and bling throughout the card to tie everything in.
                                                      Here's the pic for you to check out:


 The card measures 3 7/8" x 5 7/8" and is made from a sheet of burgundy card stock from a DCWV "Timeless Texture," paper pad.
Once I had my card base cut and folded, I set it aside to work on the image.

                                     For the image, I used my alcohol markers to color her in.
                                                 Here's a rundown of the colors I used:
                                                    -Skin- FS5, Dusky Pink, R20
                                                     -Hair- E70, E74, E79
                               -Dress, Hat, Shoes- R17, R27, E74, C07, C08, C02, C01, C0, 
                                                     At You Spica "Gold" glitter pen


To add a little more oomph to her dress, I used my gold glitter pen to create a polka dot pattern along the bottom and a few gold buttons to the bodice.
For her shoes and belt I added Glossy Accents to make them shine.


Next, to create my scene, I cut down a sheet of white card stock to 3" x 5 1/2".
I used my E74 and E79 markers to create wood panel flooring.
I added a sheet of red ticking stripe paper, just above the flooring, to mimic the look of wallpaper.
Afterwards, I grabbed another sheet of white card stock and drew a few presents that I could add along the bottom.
I used my RV63, RV66, RV69, G94, G99, and my gold glitter pen to color them in.
Next, I fussy cut them out and arranged them on the panel before adhering them down with my tape runner.
I added more Glossy Accents to a few of the bows and ribbons adorning the presents.

To decorate the walls a bit, I used my Recollections "Signs of the Season," stamp set.
I used the wreath image from the set, stamped it a few times using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and colored them in using the same colors listed above.
After I fussy cut them out, I adhered them to the panel and finished them off using Gold Stickles.
I added foam tape to the back of the image and adhered her down.

I then took the panel and layered it on top of a sheet of green card stock that was cut to 3 1/4" x 5 7/8".
Next, I layered it again on top of sheet of white card stock, cut at 3 1/2" x 5 7/8".
Finally, I added foam tape to the back of the panel and adhered it to the card base.

As a final touch, I added a few gold sequins, pearls and a sentiment across the bottom, "Be Merry".

                                                         And ta-da!! Card complete!!



                                                I hope you enjoyed this project for today!!
                       Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your evening, and as always, peace!! :)







Post edited by: Shyann Martinez




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button