Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Octavia Winter Themed Card and a New Card Sketch Challenge!!

Hey everyone, happy Sunday to  you all!! It's that time again for another great card sketch challenge for the Feeling Sketchy blog! 
Here's the pic for Card Sketch #132:


Make sure to stop by the Feeling Sketchy blog to play along and check out all the wonderful projects created by the Design Team members.
There is a great prize pack for you to win from our sponsor: Polkadoodles and I just want to give them a big, "Thank you," for for providing the Design Team members a few images to use on our projects.
The card I created for today features one of the adorable images from the Polkadoodles site, "Frosty Penguins, Octavia Frosted Winter.
The card design is simple, using a few elements found in the sketch.
Here's the pic for you to check out:


The card measures 5" x 5 1/2" and uses a light blue card stock from a Recollections paper pack as the card base.
To mimic the torn edges in the sketch, I cut a strip of white card stock at 1" adhering it to the card front using my tape runner.
I layered a patterned paper strip measuring 3/4" on top.
I set the card aside to begin work on the image.

First I researched how to color baby penguins and used my C0 markers to fill them in.
 I found that their coloring is a mixture of light greys with a little black along the top.
I used my C00, C01, C02, C03, C04, C06, C08 to achieve a realistic look.
I added a white highlight to their eyes and beaks.
With the penguins complete, I moved on to the "Octavia" image.

Here's a rundown of the colors I used to color her in:
-Skin- FS5, Dusky Pink, R20
-Hair- E97, E99, E79
-Coat- R17, R27, E74
-Scarf and Mittens- G46, G28
-Dress- B12, B14
-Hat and Trim- C00, C01, C02, C03


When coloring with my red Copics, I like to use my brown marker to add highlights.
I know that you can find Copics in darker shades of red, but you also run the risk of it bleeding through your image.
For me, I like the warm tone that the brown gives the red and I also find that my colors don't bleed as much when blending.
It's just an option for you to try when using your red markers.

I colored in the background using my B29 and BT3 markers.
I added a highlight to the ground using my B00 marker and shadows around the image using my B14.

To finish the card off, I stamped a few snowflakes in the background using my VersaMark ink and white embossed them.
I also white embossed the sentiment, "Christmas brings out the Kid in us all!"

And voila! Card complete!! :)


I hope you enjoyed this card for today!!
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and peace!! :)


Please make sure to check out my YouTube channel for upcoming crafting and card making videos!!






Post edited by: Shyann Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button